Friday, February 18, 2011

How Far Would You Walk?

As I sit in an internet cafe sending and receiving emails, I want to take just a moment to share a short story with you about a current Bible study.

Each week a man named Thomas walks 4 hours one way to study the Bible with me in the town of Lenakel. Every Friday when our family goes to town to buy food, supplies, and of course access the internet, I have some time to sit down with Thomas and study. I am amazed that he is so committed and hugry for God's Word, that he is willing to walk 4 hours one way to study with me. Just thought I would share this with you. What a good man! I pray that he works as hard to search the Scriptures as he does just to come to the study.

More to come soon. My internet time is just about up and I'll write more on this later. Until then...

Aaron

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I haven't kept up withy our posts very well! I read them all faithfully, but I usually only check your blog twice a week or so. You guys have been busy!

    It is very humbling to her of a man walking 8 hours (round trip) to study the Bible, when so many here let dust accumulate on their Bibles. May God remind us how precious is his Word and how much we need to be in it daily!

    ReplyDelete